Direct Support


For Survivors of Sexual Assault

If you or a loved one have been sexually assaulted, you can contact EROC through our secure form here

We provide free, direct assistance to all survivors of gender-based and sexual violence, including, but not limited to, in the following ways:

  • connecting survivors, parents and friends with support networks
  • filing federal complaints
  • mentoring student activists
  • connecting survivors with mental health professionals
  • connecting survivors with legal counsel

Additionally, our staff are happy to meet with student groups via phone, video conference, or in-person to discuss on-campus efforts and how to address ongoing challenges.

If you would like to speak with a staff person regarding our services, please fill out our Contact Us and we will make every effort to respond within two business days.

Getting Help on Campus

A sexual assault should not impede your educational experience. Under Title IX, each college, university, or K-12 school district must have a designated Title IX coordinator who is responsible for ensuring their institution’s compliance with Title IX, including through overseeing the campus adjudication process for sexual violence and harassment.

Under federal law, colleges are required to:  

  • Help you receive academic accommodations, such as changing classes or exam dates.
  • Help you receive living accommodations.
  • Notify you of the right, but not the requirement, to contact law enforcement.
  • Help you access counseling.

In some cases, your university may also issue your assailant a no-contact order. These can extend to prohibiting online harassment and retaliation. 

EROC can provide direct assistance to survivors who are currently navigating the on-campus adjudication process. If you need our help, please contact us.

If you are concerned for your life, we encourage you to call 911. However, we recognize that not all survivors are able to or feel safe in reporting to law enforcement. For options beyond law enforcement, please visit our resources page.

If you need immediate accommodations for disabilities caused by sexual assault, such as PTSD, anxiety, or depression, you can ask for help from either your institution’s Title IX coordinator or the office that houses disability services on campus. Under Title II and Section 504 of the Americans with Disabilities Act, institutions are required to provide accommodations for students with both visible and invisible disabilities.

For Parents of Survivors

If you are a parent of a survivor of sexual assault please visit our parent’s resource page.